Achievements Of viru

  • The highest ever Test score at a strike rate of above 100 and the second fastest double century.
  • Involved in the highest opening partnership for a Test played away from India (410 with Dravid)
  • Highest-ever Test score at over a run-a-ball (254 off 247 balls against Pakistan)
  • Highest individual score by an Indian in Tests (309)
  • First ever Indian to score 300 runs in a Test innings

Wednesday 25 August 2010

Another

In his Four matches in this Tri series he had scored 240 runs . In that 240 runs there is One century[110(93)] and one halfcentury[99*(99)] with the average of 80.00 and the strike rate 105.26 including 32 fours and 3 swashbuckling sixers.
Another beautiful knock from viru created a thunder in the SL minds that they should have to target the daring man first on the final. For this great and match winning knock he had been awarded the man of the match.
M S Dhoni: Viru seems to be the only batsmen who can bat in this tournament. The whole team is struggling with the batting and this contribution in this crucial game stands out.

Ross Taylor: They way Viru batted and his partnership with Dhoni took the game away from us.
Sehwag: The wicket was better for batting. We were not in a good position at the start, but I decided to attack and I am glad I got to my century. I am only disappointed that I could not carry on. The way I batted in the past, we got into a good position but our middle order could not carry on the good work. I am really looking forward to the final against Sri Lanka.

No comments:

Post a Comment